WELCOME to Yoga For A Happy Soul. In this video you can follow along and practice 5 basic asanas in 15 minutes.
3:36 Ardha Chakrasana
5:32 Prasaritha Padottanasana
10:07 Parivrttaa Trikonasana
• Ardha Kati Chakrasana – Ardha Kati Chakrasana or Half Waist Rotation posture. It is another basic standing asana in which the practitioner rotates half of his or her waist to one side like a wheel and hence the name. Ardha Kati Chakrasana is considered a warm-up yoga pose to prepare the body for more intense yoga poses.
• Kati Chakrasana – Kati chakrasana is a simple standing pose with a spinal twist. The name comes from the Sanskrit kati, meaning “waist”; chakra, meaning “wheel” or “circular rotation”; and asana, which means “pose” or “posture.” The following are a few benefits of Kati Chakrasana
• Vrikshasana – Vrikshasana or Tree Pose is a balancing asana. It is one of the very few standing poses in medieval hatha yoga, and remains popular in modern yoga as exercise. Vrikshasana has several benefits.
• Ardha Chakrasana – Ardha Chakrasana or Half Wheel Pose is another basic standing asana which is a deep backbend that opens the chest and increases flexibility in the spine. It gets its name from the Sanskrit words, ardha, meaning half, chakra, meaning wheel, and asana, meaning pose.
• Padahastasana – Padahastasana or the Hand to Feet Pose is another basic standing asana practiced during the Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation. Padahastasana massages and tones the digestive organs while increasing flexibility in your calves and hamstrings. It can also release excess Vata (air) from your abdomen and improve blood circulation.
Click here for the video where we perform Samasthiti or Tadasana: https://youtu.be/MeYAeWDdChc
I am Indu and I am very excited to take you on a soul enriching yoga journey with me. I discovered as a way of life not too long ago and I want to share with you all how yoga has enriched my life and my soul. What started as a journey to fix a few health issues, has truly turned into a way of life for me and I hope you will join me on this channel and make your own journey along the way. Whether you are looking to lose weight, build strength, increase flexibility or deepen your current yoga practice – make this journey your own and own it !! The best part is that you can be ant any stage of your yoga journey and you will be able to jump right in with me. So let’s get started !!
Disclaimer: Yoga For A Happy Soul recommends that you consult your physician regarding your ability and follow all safety instructions before beginning any asana or exercise program. When participating in any exercise or asana or a series of asanas, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or asana or a series of asanas, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself.